Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why a Costuming Section?

Hello, my friends!

I told you all that I was going to be expanding, and really getting back into Geekish Pursuits long ago dropped. However, these are not going to be picked up all at once, or quickly. I do think that they will be interesting, though, and I want to share with you what I'm doing. So, I'm experimenting with different pages in Blogger, and with Page tabs.



I'm either really going to like this, or I'm making my life more difficult. Sometimes, what makes sense in my brain isn't what makes sense in real life, or on blogs.

However, we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I've told you before that I have always enjoyed costuming. Of course, as a kid, costumes were for Halloween or playing make believe. However, when I got into High School, I started getting into Star Trek. That got me into Star Trek: The Next Generation costuming. During that point, I also did some cheesy fanboy alternate universe stuff, some fantasy stuff, and procured a Civil War uniform for a friend's wedding. Moving on, I've also done an X-Wing Pilot and a Rebel Fleet Trooper, back when I was a member of the Rebel Legion costuming group, and I've also put together a passable Ghostbuster. However, this section isn't about the past.

It's about documenting what I'm doing now.

First item on this section?


Yeah, that's gonna be happening, and in the next few days, I'll tell you about it.

Oh, and for the record, before I go, I'm normally not one to nitpick terms like "Trekkie/Trekker" and what not, but I am a costumer, not a cosplayer. I don't care what that term morphed into, back in MY day cosplayer dealt with anime and pre-teens. I deal in neither.

Live long and prosper,
Double T

No comments:

Post a Comment